Sunday, May 25, 2008

A few links of interest


This three four day weekend has me too relaxed. I have a few posts I'd like to finish, and I probably will when I have less free time, so in the meantime I bring you these quality links:

-- There's always something interesting to read at Joe Baltake's the passionate moviegoer, and one post that got me thinking was How "Home Entertainment" Ruined Movies. I had meant to post something on this topic, but I realized it would be all about how I used to watch The Simpsons more before I got the DVDs. Also check out On Killing the Souls of Movie Critics.

-- James Frazier has a great take on a topic I touched on recently, with 30 more skills (and growing) men should master...

-- ... and Paul Clark chimes in on one particular skill every cinephile should master. (The skills list relating to movies has great potential, seems like it could even be a book).

-- Hey, lookie -- Chris Stangl just posted the latest chapter of The Ballad of the Hermeneutic Circle!

-- Just discovered the great blog So Long, VHS, and there's plenty to chew on over there, such as a look at Indiana Jones imitators and a few delicious VHS cover scans of long-forgotten titles.

-- Moviezzz has a couple new installments of his excellent What Ever Happened to series -- the Stephen Geoffreys profile is a great read.

-- Joseph B has an ambitious piece about Sidney Lumet's career. I was unfamiliar with most of these titles and obviously need to change that about a few of them.

-- Alan at Burbanked can really tell a story, and in the spirit of the Dark Knight, he tells a darned good one: Part 1, Part 2.

2 comments:

TALKING MOVIEzzz said...

Thanks for the link!

And, thanks for the link to So Long VHS. I hadn't heard of that site before and a lot of great stuff!! I think I went back and read the entire site.

Joe Baker said...

I second the thanks, Adam. And ditto on the So Long, VHS site. Very cool stuff.