Thursday, March 27, 2008

Have you hugged your childhood nightmares lately?


Thanks to Stacie Ponder for introducing me to the twisted wonder that is Kindertrauma, an insanely fun site that now counts me as a devoted reader. In addition to spotlighting forgotten television horrors as Ghostwatch and Summer of Fear (I MUST see this movie) or traumatic movies like Flowers in the Attic and Return to Oz, they also have a feature called Traumafessions, which invites readers to submit their scariest childhood TV or movie moments. Reading through the Traumafessions, you'll find yourself saying "Word" to at least a few of them -- for me it was Where the Red Fern Grows (icky bit about falling on an ax), the Creepers VHS cover (I'll never forget the first time I saw it at a video store) and Poltergeist II (I still don't trust old men in hats).

OK enough about them -- time to talk about me (sorry)! Now you can read my Traumafession, in which I reach all the way back to 1989 and a particularly creepy episode of Freddy's Nightmares. But don't just read it, send in a Traumafession of your own!

No comments: