I think it's fair to say that I've been in a bit of a rut lately as far as new posts go. The holiday season can bring strange occurrences, such as a baby shoving a slice of birthday cake bigger than his head into his mouth. And there is the inevitable post-holiday hangover, like a baby that still smells like frosting two days after eating said cake. I don't think I'm the only one who's become a bit stagnant this month, so with that in mind I'm bringing you a new meme to help ring in 2009. Here are the rules:
1. Post a list of nine movie-related resolutions for the new year. These can be as serious or light-hearted as you want them to be, and it also gives you a topic at the end of the year to post about when you take a look back at the resolutions.
2. Tag five other people with completing this meme.
3. Link back to my blog in your post so I can keep track of how many cool people are going along with this, and also for the purpose of compiling a list of the most interesting resolutions.
Before my resolutions, I taggeth thee:
Fletch at Blog Cabins
Bill at The Kind of Face You Hate
Fox at Tractor Facts
Jim at The Moviezzz Blog
Piper at Lazy Eye Theater
Here are my resolutions:
- Watch at least two of Steven Seagal's venerable direct-to-video movies.
- Start taking advantage of Netflix's on demand movie library.
- Watch a Guy Maddin film.
- Find a way to see JCVD.
- Finally finish my post about Duck, You Sucker!, which I started almost a year ago.
- Give The Magnificent Ambersons another chance.
- Same with Magnolia.
- See at least two foreign films a month.
- Find a way to watch Assault on Precinct 13 on Blu-Ray, preferably without having to buy a Blu-Ray player.