Thursday, October 16, 2008

The French love Jerry Lewis* and Dennis Hopper (and bread)

Good to see Dennis Hopper being awarded the Chevalier de la legion des Arts et des Lettres from France recently. Can't say I've heard of anyone else receiving that, but it's a nice-enough sounding honor, and it looks cool. Still, the reason for this post is the picture below, it's crying out for a caption. Here's my attempt, what's yours?

"Thank you. Amazing, that a man who once uttered 'Fuck you, you fucking fuck' on screen, could be awarded an honor such as this."

*And yes, Moviezzz, the title of this post was for you.

8 comments:

TALKING MOVIEzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Ross said...

Ha! You're right, he has that "our world will survive" gleam in his eyes.

elgringo said...

Also, forgive my ignorance, but up until this point I thought you switched your banners manually everyday. Then, I saw it switch today. Then, I refreshed your page over and over again until I saw what I thought were all twelve of the banners. It was at this point when an awesome Lee Marvin banner popped up. Love it! Great work.

PIPER said...

I would like to thank the French for giving me this hon... oops I think I shit myself a bit.

Damn those French and their heavy sauces!

James said...

I think I'll drink a Pabst tonight in his honor.

Adam Ross said...

Herr Gringo -- Wow, I feel slightly honored that you once thought I put a new banner up each day! Yeah it took a while, but I managed to cobble together the random image code this layout uses. If it's something you're interested in, I can give you the basics of it.

Clown -- Thanks for giving Dennis the proper salute. Yes, let's all drink to our fuck. And please, let's get some cold beer -- warm beer makes me fucking puke.

Greg said...

We have the ships. We have the weapons. We need soldiers. Soldiers like Lieutenant Stack Lumbreiser!

Anonymous said...

A collection of famous fictional http://edpilldgb.com twins as they may have looked in the womb. I can only imagine that babies being born with weapons and clothing would be a little disturbing.