- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts
- I have to start with eight random facts/habits about myself
- People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules
- At the end of this post, I need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I own the publishing rights to nine Black Oak Arkansas songs. It started out with me buying one on a lark, but now I can barely go a month without acquiring another.
2. My family lived briefly in Santa Barbara, Calif., and I went to preschool with Kenny Loggins' son, Crosby. The school was filled with spoiled brats, but he was the only one who wore a custom-molded Tron costume for Halloween. At the time I had no idea who his dad was, but when Crosby spoke of his father's fame, I assured him that my dad was much more famous than his (he accepted this at face value).
3. I'm a terrible music fan. I like music and all, but I never seek out new artists the way I do movies, and I'm ashamed to admit how few CDs and MP3s I own. Also, the few CDs I do buy are only for one or two songs and I never have the courage to listen to the rest of the album. It's always been this way: when I was growing up, I would just listen to whatever my younger brother was into at the time.
4. I don't read books. Never have, despite the fact that my parents, many of my relatives and my wife devour books like Eskimo Pies. On the few occasions that I do set out to read a book, it's a huge ordeal and takes much longer than it should. I read multiple newspapers each day and tons of news online, but not books -- I've accepted this as part of my personality.
5. In 1998, a casual argument resulted in my friend Carl falling into a volcano -- possibly as a result of my selfish actions -- and a glob of hot magma spewed out from his splashdown and hit me in the neck. I have made peace with this event, but every year since on the anniversary of the incident the scar on my neck turns black.
6. I try to get up every morning at 4 a.m. to watch a movie. This usually sounds crazy to people (including my wife), but with my current schedule it's really the most convenient time to do this. I started this ritual as a New Year's resolution to watch more movies and so far it's been a great success.
7. After a lifetime of denial, I finally started drinking coffee this year. Somewhere in my life I wasn't going to be a coffee drinker, and subsequently grew so dependent on a daily Red Bull that it had little effect on me by the time I went cold turkey. Needless to say, I'm living a richer life with coffee in my diet.
8. Because I was born on Old Witch Hat Mountain, I am one of the handful of people that are able to see the mythical structure when it appears biennially on June 25, floating above Ontario, Calif.
Now I'm required to "tag" eight other losers, but I'm just going to give a blanket call out to any Friday Screen Test alumni who haven't had the honor yet.